Mercedes Benz New York Fashion Week Has Come To An End…
Black and white are definitely the colors for spring 2013. Which designers had unique trends? Here’s 10 of the most striking looks.
1. Calvin Klein Spring 2013- Francisco Costa ended fashion week with an outstanding collection. Many black-and-white graphics that are trending this season.
2. Proenza Schouler Spring 2013- Jack McCullough and Lazaro Hernandez showcased many leatherwork pieces shadowing last season. They also did fun, flirty dresses that still had an edgy look.
3. Michael Kors Spring 2013- For evening gowns, Kors worked with geometric shapes. Revealing skin making his gowns sexy but still tasteful.
4. Oscar de la Renta Spring 2013- ODLR ended his show with amazing ball gowns and cocktail dresses. His gowns had immaculate details and originality; each gown rivaling to the next.
5. Rodarte Spring 2013- As we know, the Mulleavy sisters are known for their impetuous designs. This look had a lot of leather and guipure detailing that really stood out. Not to mention the jewelry was actually attached to the clothes (talk about a two-for-one deal)!
6. Marc Jacobs Spring 2013- Marc Jacobs showcased an amazing spring collection. Utilizing an optical illusion, these pieces were definitely an eye-catcher.
7. Alexander Wang Spring 2013- Black and white are definitely the colors for spring 2013. Wang executed peculiar-styled pieces including this web-knitted dress.
8. Rag & Bone Spring 2013- The details of this design gives both a masculine and feminine look. The shapes give it a masculine look, however the prints soften the look to make it very feminine.
9. Caroline Herrera Spring 2013- Herrera used a soft swirled pattern on a collection of minidresses and gowns. The prints she used gave this collection a soft and elegant look.
10. BCBG Spring 2013- This sheer lace paneled gown is an amazing piece by BCBG. The perfectly tailored jacket worn overtop shows that it can be a day-to-night look.